This baked camembert recipe with the delicious Mama Ntsama’s chilli jelly is one heck of an indulgent starter and believe us when we say it will be difficult to stop eating! Eating cheese with bread is just so irresistible – you must try it!
This is a perfect starter for a date night or a shared starter for a dinner party. Whatever the occasion it is something that everybody can enjoy.
Recipe For Baked Camembert
Bake Camembert with Ntsama’s Chilli Jelly
- Camembert cheese
- Mama Ntsama Chilli jelly
- Crispy bacon, finely chopped
- Cashew nuts, finely chopped
- French baguette / rustic bread of any kind
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and begin to prepare the cheese
- Cut the camembert cheese in half and place the bottom half into a a small oven proof dish
- Layer the bottom half of the cheese with chilli jelly, Rosemary, bacon, and cashew nuts
- Place the other half of the camembert cheese over the bottom half sealing the chilli jam in between
- Add additional cashew nuts over the top and pierce rosemary through the cheese before placing into the oven at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is completely melted
- Served with bread
Please also check out our yummy Cheese Portobello Mushroom recipe!
Disclosure: Working in collaboration with Mama Ntsama’s for this recipe. The chilli jelly used was gifted to us for the purpose of this recipe.