Prawn And Sweetcorn Chowder Recipe
This dish is such an upgrade to the typical sweetcorn chowder! It is creamy and salty all in one and is just the hearty meal that you need on a cozy day.
Best of all, it can be made so quickly on a weekday or a perfect recipe for a night in on the weekend.
Prawn Sweetcorn Chowder
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic sliced
- 2 tsp St Agur Roquefort Cheese
- 80 g Pancetta finely chopped
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 500 ml Chicken stock cooled
- 2 Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Frozen Sweetcorn
- 100 ml Single Cream
- 180 g Raw King Prawns peeled
- Salt to taste
- 14 g Flat-Leaf Parsely chopped
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and butter at medium heat . Then add in the onion, roquefort cheese, pancetta salt, garlic and paprika and fry for about 1 minutes, to soften onions and release flavour from spices.
- Add in the flour in sprinkles and stir until absorbed. Remove from the heat and add the stock in batches, stirring after each addition, until it is completely smooth. Return to the heat and add the potatoes.
- Let it boil for about 1½ minutes then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 mins until the potatoes are tender. Add the corn and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Add in the cream and prawns. Allow to continue cooking for about 5 mins, on low-medium heat, until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Add the parsley and stir. Feel free to season to your taste and serve!Enjoy!
Prawn And Sweetcorn Chowder Recipe– If you’ve tried this recipe please share any comments and images on our social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest @simpleyummiesfood .
Please also check out our tasty prawn and chorizo risotto recipe!