We love this scrumptious summer prawn and avocado salad! It’s very simple, making it the perfect lunch on a hot summer’s day. In addition to the prawns and avocado we added in a few more yummy surprises to create an even more exciting texture to …
When it comes to fish there are various types we like but salmon is definitely the one fish that regularly appears on our home cooked menu.
We love it !
Salmon is so simple to cook, naturally full of flavour and just delicious without having to do too much to it. Our favourite way to eat salmon is filleted and cooked in the oven .
It’s super easy and quick to make!
If like us you have a busy lifestyle this recipe to bake salmon fillet makes the perfect dinner time option .
Recipe To Bake Salmon Fillets
Salmon Fillet Recipe
- 4 Fillet Salmon Skinless
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Minced
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Seasoning
- ½ Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C .
- Put the salmon in a mixing bowl and add in all the marinade ingredients . Mix in well, ensuring that each fillet piece is coated properly with the marinade.
- Place the fillets on a oven dish . If you want the salmon to be tender keep it covered but if you want it slightly roasted keep it uncovered like we did for this recipe.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables or salad. Enjoy!
Recipe To Bake Salmon Fillets– Please share any comments and images via Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest @simpleyummiesfood .
Please check out our delicious Fresh Trout recipe!
Where we come from in East Africa fried Cassava or Mihogo as we call it definitely counts as a fun food and quite a treat!
We love cassava cooked in different ways but without a doubt one of our favourite methods of how to cook cassava is fried. We know this is not the healthiest option but eaten once in while with a little drizzle of lemon and chilli sauce this makes a very tasty snack … oh and don’t forget to nibble on some mango alongside it, that’s like the icing on the cake! So so yummy…
How To Cook Cassava
Fried Cassava Recipe
- Deep frying pan
- Medium Size Saucepan
- 1 Large Cassava
- 2 Cups Sunflower Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 650 ml Hot Water
- Wash , peel and then chop the cassava into chunky rectangular shaped chips. Then remove the stingy bit in the middle.
- Place the cassava in a saucepan , add in the water and bring to a boil one medium-high heat. Add in the salt and cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minute and lower the heat to low-medium heat.
- Cook the cassava about 10 minutes until it is tender enough to poke through with a fork and then drain the the water out.
- Set the cassava aside and leave to cool . Now get a deep frying pan, set to medium-high heat and add in the sunflower oil .Once the oil has heated add in the cassava and ideally cook a batch at a time until slight golden brown.
- Remove the cassava from the frying pan and drain onto a paper towel.
- Serve and enjoy this dish with some salad, a little drizzle of lemon and chili sauce!
How To Cook Cassava- Please let us know if you have tried this recipe please share any comments or images through Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest @simpleyummiesfood .
Please also check out our Portobello Mushrooms recipe this makes a very delicious side or starter!
In this article we show you how to cook medium rare steak perfectly it’s so simple! Steak is a classic, easy and undeniably delicious dish that is a favourite meal for many around the globe, whether it’s served up with crispy fries, sauteed vegetables or …
A refreshing, fruity and exotic smoothie that will have you licking your lips and give you the boost of energy you need for the day ! Full of nutrients and health benefits a smoothie makes a great breakfast option!
Tropical Smoothie Recipe With Frozen Fruit
Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Blender or Smoothie Maker
- 1½ Waitrose Tropical Smoothie Mix – Mango, Pineapple & Kiwi Any frozen fruit mix of your choice is fine
- 1 Banana
- 2 Small Avocados
- 200 ml Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Baobab Powder
- 1 tbsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Green Mix Powder
- Place all ingredients into the blender and blend on high-speed for 45 seconds until smooth.
- If required add additional orange juice or water bit by bit to create the thickness and consistency you like for your smoothie and blend again for another 30 seconds.
If you have tried this recipe please share any comments and images via Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest @simpleyummiesfood .
Please also check out our Blueberry Smoothie recipe!
Recipe For Chicken Leg Quarters Happy National Barbecue week and what better way to enjoy it than with a nice recipe for chicken leg quarters! Under the current circumstances, we know it’s been very challenging being in lockdown all over the world, however National Barbecue …