Beef Stir Fry Marinade
Prep Time: Under 15 minutes
Cooking Time: Under 15 Minutes
Do you walk through the supermarket and decide that you fancy a beef stir fry marinade dish but think it’s easier to buy the store-bought sauce rather then make your own? Well think again!
Beef stir fry is one of those great meals that is so simple and so quick to make. And if you’re always trying to get your kids to eat lots of vegetables, this is a great way to encourage yummy vegetables into their diet!
With this recipe, you could do the marination the night before and leave everything in the fridge overnight ready for cooking the next day.
The best part to this is that the longer you leave it to marinate, the more enhanced your flavours will be – who doesn’t want that?!
You can use this beef stir fry marinade for chicken, fish or other proteins that you prefer to use in a stir fry.
Many of the ingredients can be thrown straight into the marination, however we like to leave the garlic aside to cook after frying the meat. This is because garlic cooks quite quickly and can sometimes create a little bit of a bitter taste if it is overcooked. Some people don’t notice it as much, but it’s down to personal preference.
You can use any cut of beef with a stir fry, but we recommend a flank steak. This thin beef cut tends to be quite soft. It’s also a good cut for beef stir fry which tends to require high heat cooking.
Some of the other beef cuts would work just as well, however due to the nature of the cuts they might be a little tougher to eat. This is something to think about, especially if it is a meal your kids will be eating too.
Vegetables are a great addition to your stir fry and you can almost put anything in there! Some suggestions would be mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, mangetout and any kind of leafy vegetables. But then again, have a look at what’s in your fridge and if you like it put it in!
With this kind of food prep done in advance, it would mean that you could be eating within 20 minutes of putting this on the pan – how amazing is that?
So here you have it – beef stir fry marinade ready to cook as you like.
Beef Stir Fry Marinade
Beef Stir fry Recipe
- 400 g Beef Flank Steak
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 2 tablespoon Crushed Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Crushed Ginger
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 80 ml Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Break one egg and add 3 tablespoons of the egg mix to the beef along with ginger, sugar and corn starch. Mix thoroughly until the mixture is well distributed throughout the beef.
- Leave the beef to rest for 1 hour in the fridge – this will allow the egg to soften and tenderise the meat.
- After an hour, add half of the soy sauce and sesame oil then allow it to sit for another hour before cooking or leave overnight in the fridge.
- Heat up the pan with some sesame oil add the beef to the pan and fry for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and your desired vegetables then add the remainder of the soy sauce.
Beef Stir Fry Marinade- If your tried this recipe or have any comments please share on Instagram or Facebook @simpleyummiesfood
Please also check out our Beef Stew in Red Wine recipe!